Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Gray Kind of Day

Hey,

I'm a summer baby for sure. I love the heat and hate the cold...I don't know what I'm doing back in Michigan but this is home. I can't say that I don't appreciate the fall weather because I do. I love to watch the different colors of the leaves change on the trees.

Like everything in life, change is inevitable for nature too. For some reason my mood seems to be connected to nature. I think I am struggling with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) where my mood basically matches the seasons. The Fall season into winter is a progressive death. As I have learned in life you have to die in order to live...Does that make sense? You have to change and leave behind your past in order to move into your future...In thinking of the changing seasons I am reminded of the changes that are happening in me. I recall a favorite poem by Robert Frost entitled:
"Nothing Gold Can Stay"

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

This poem reminds me that everything must change but in order to survive and thrive you must embrace the changes. 







  

Blouse: Avenue
Sweater: thrifted/Banana Republic
Pants: thrifted
Necklace:gifted
Earrings:gifted
Belt: thrifted

It was so cold outside. I wanted to take a few pics and be done. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!!


1 comment: