Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Crochet Beads Pt 1

Hey,

In an effort to learn something new and work on creating jewelry. I am taking a bead crochet class. I took my first class today. It is basically the same concept as crocheting but with beads intertwined. I must be honest and say that it is tough to learn but I know that it will be worth it in the end! See what I started today...

It doesn't look like much now but it will be a bracelet soon enough! :-)
Here are the supplies you will need.

I love this technique and there are so many more out there to learn! I hope to one day create something like the necklace below.

Unfortunately, I cant remember what bead blog I found this image!
Isn't the above necklace a beauty!! My goodness I am captivated by this work of art!! I hope to one day get on this skill level. AMAZING!

Also, I hope to take up knitting and regular crocheting amongst a few other things. 

Are any of you bloggers out there learning something new? I would love to hear/see about it!


4 comments:

  1. That necklace is beyond beautiful. There are no words for it. I am in complete awe. Wow.

    I am in the process of taking a sewing class. I'm tired of taking my clothes to a tailor just to get it mended. Money wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know rite! I feel you on the sewing and paying for tailors..my grandma just gave me her sewing machine so I am gonna try to see what I can do..if nothing else I can use it to hem some pants! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This style of beading has been done in the Native American culture for centuries! I have never learned how to do it but I wish I had because that necklace is to die for! What an awesome craft you are learning! Thank you for all of your comments! Kiah

    ReplyDelete