Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Hey folks! 

With the holidays quickly approaching, I thought I would hit you with a quick, easy and most importantly tasty recipe for an appetizer! This will be my go to dish for the upcoming holiday parties..I served it to my guest at my homecoming party and it was a hit! What is that dish you may be asking? BACON WRAPPED DATES with BLUE CHEESE 

YUM!



**Now for you non-pork or anti-swine eating foodies you can surely substitute the pork bacon for turkey bacon and it should be just as tasty!**

What you will need:
Knife
Cookie sheet
toothpicks
Dates
Bacon
Blue cheese crumbles
Optional: For that extra ummph you can try smoked almonds for that nice crunch in the middle)

What to do:
1. Slice open the dates lengthwise and remove the pits of the dates
2. Stuff the dates with the blue cheese crumbles
3. Cut a slice of bacon in the middle..(use a half a slice of bacon per date)
4. Wrap the date stuffed with blue cheese with the bacon
5. Insert the toothpick through the bacon where it ends to secure it around the date
6. Place on a cookie sheet into the oven and bake on 420 until the bacon is nice and brown
7. Serve warm or room temp

Enjoy!!

PS. Do you have a quick,easy and tasty holiday recipe to share? I would love to hear it!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww snap! They were really good too. I wonder if almonds would make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed them! You need to do a post on that curry chicken you make!!

    ReplyDelete