Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Design Your Home (DYH): Comforter and Curtains

Every now and again I like to dabble with interior design...As a creative person and a homebody I just like to feel good about my surroundings. I guess you can say its in my blood because my mom went to interior design school and my aunt owns her own interior design company. 

Anyways, I have put a good amount of design work into my downstairs living and dining rooms but no work into my bed and upstairs bathroom. I spend most of my time downstairs and just go upstairs for bed. I literally have a nightstand and my mattress on the floor...trife I know! I joke and say oh its just the minimalist style lol. Its not that I can't afford the furniture. I am just irritated with designing a space that I only rent. I know I will have to get up and move from this place one day soon. In fact I am going through the mental battle of whether to rent or buy a home...in this economy and job market its really a toss up! The rent is too damn high especially in the area I live and some of the homes are dirt cheap in comparison to other places in the nation. 

Anyways, getting back to what I came here for..I decided to jazz up the bedroom and buy myself a new comforter. I am a huge fan of the black and white/cream color combo. I think it gets even better when you pair it with pops of color here and there. Check out the comforter I bought from JCPenny here:


close up of the comforter

And now onto the the curtains...They are indeed window curtains that I bought from Target a few years ago. I decided to use them for my bathroom shower curtains instead!! They make my bathroom feel more elegant and posh! For my bedroom windows I may just get the curtains that go with the comforter set or do something different instead of being so matchy matchy. Now I really want to get to decorating both spaces. I have so many ideas now but I don't know if I want to put all that effort into a rental space.. I am at an impasse.


Close up of the curtains

What do you guys think? Window curtains as Shower curtains? Yay or Nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment