Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Feel Like a Poet

Happy almost Friday, 

See what I wore below that made me feel like a poet...






Blouse: Thrifted
Tweed Vest: Thrifted/Lane Bryant
Khaki Chinos: Asos Curve
Pumps: Thrifted / Target
Earrings: Thrifted
Bracelets: Avenue

And it wouldn't be right if I didn't leave you with a bit of poetry. One of my favorite poems. I read it whenever I feel like I am losing sight of what it means to be successful...

Success

by: Ralph Waldo Emerson

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty,
To find the best in others,
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child,
A garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment