Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Whats Cookin' Good Lookin': Date Night Dinner

My boo and I often like to have low key date nights which usually includes dinner and a movie at home. I like to consider myself to be adventurous when it comes to food but my boo not so much. Its hard to feed this guy when he loves: tacos, hamburgers, spaghetti, and pizza. To me that is boring and not really healthy. Sometimes it can be hard to get a guy to eat vegetables too! So in an effort to come to some kind of compromise I made a pasta dish with a little more flavor and ingredients than usual.

"Date Night Pasta"

The finished product




Pasta and Alfredo Sauce



In the oven
Ingredients:

Chop these ingredients and Sauteed:
Smoked Sausage
Fresh Spinach
Onion
Bell Peppers
Fresh Minced Garlic
Olive Oil

Add in:
1 Jar Pasta Sauce
~ 1 cup Alfredo Sauce (I like my sauce to be reddish or pink, you can do whatever you like)
Mozzarella Cheese 2-3 cups? (Save some to sprinkle on the top)

Boil and Add in: Pasta Noodles - Rigatoni 16oz

  • Mix all the ingredients together, pour into a casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes on 350 degrees.
Easy and so good! I can only eat this on special occasions because its so rich!

"Salad and Homemade salad dressing"  


Ingredients:
Kale
Leaf lettuce
Broccoli Slaw
Cucumbers
Red Bell Peppers
Cranberries
Almonds


Ingredients
Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw Honey
Olive Oil
Turmeric
Red Pepper Flakes

I love this salad dressing so tasty and good for you; better than store bought. Each ingredient has wonderful benefits for your health. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment